Thursday, February 14, 2008

What's the Deal with Speaker Christine Quinn?

Today I received an email message from New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, who took the time from her busy day to reply to my letter. I had written some time ago and urged her to support Intro. 658, Tony Avella's bill to ban horse-drawn carriages.

She basically said the city has the situation under control, but thanks for caring.

I replied to her that she clearly doesn't understand the issues, which I delineated for her.

Speaker Quinn has demonstrated repeatedly that she doesn't understand or doesn't care about animal protection issues, having earned a grade of 0 on the 2007 Humane Scorecard released by the League of Humane Voters. Yet she describes her self as an animal rights supporter.

No comments: